The information below explains how to submit an article for Stuffer Shack, as well as the Terms and Conditions of Article Submissions. By submitting articles, article ideas, or contest entries, you acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Please familiarize yourself with the types of articles that are posted by Stuffer Shack. We’re looking for material that speaks of, opines, and challenges gamer and geek culture, as well as articles that report on news and review products. Many of the articles that we publish involve gaming tips, ideas, tools, supplemental content, advice, and thoughts regarding roleplaying games.
- Write up your article idea (or pitch) and email it to stuffershack [at] yahoo [dot] com. You may (instead) use the contact form below, if you wish.
- In the email subject line, please include the words “Article Submission.”
- You may include more than one article pitch in a single email, if you like.
- Your article pitch should be less than 200 words (around 100 words would probably do just fine). Please proofread it before sending it in.
- Instead of a pitch, you may send us an article in its entirety. We don’t recommend this, though, as we might not accept it for posting (and you will have done more work than was needed).
- Please do not send us any attachments, unless we ask for them.
- We may reject idea pitches for one or more reasons. The most common being that there are too many grammatical or structural errors, or that it simply didn’t really grab our attention. Don’t despair! We are not perfect, nor do we expect others to be – and we may even offer ideas or ask for changes so that we will accept it.
- If your pitch is accepted, we’d like to read more. We’ll then ask for the article in its entirety (500-1500 words). If this final article delivers on the promise of your pitch, we’ll buy it. If it doesn’t read as expected, we may reject it or offer ideas for revisions.
- No plagiarism. Some small amount of material may be quoted as long as proper attribution is heeded.
Terms and Conditions
By authoring and submitting any material to Stuffer Shack, the author agrees to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Author states that he or she has clear ownership of the submitted work, that it is original, and that it does not infringe upon any copyrighted material.
- Author states that the material has not already been published, and is not currently being considered for publication by any other publisher. Authors are free to publish their material elsewhere any time after it has been published by Stuffer Shack.
- Author acknowledges that Stuffer Shack pays for that which it expressly “buys,” and not for work that it does not buy. Stuffer Shack is under no obligation to pay for article pitches, or articles in their entirety; only articles that we specifically agree to buy. Stuffer Shack does not buy contest entries or guest posts.
- When Stuffer Shack buys an article, we pay authors based on what our patrons are pledging, with a minimum payment of $10.00. CURRENTLY, WE ARE PAYING $10.00 PER ARTICLE. Payment is made before the article is posted, and we pay through Paypal. Alternative means of payment may be made as long as buyer and seller are in agreement.