The information below explains how to submit an article for Stuffer Shack, as well as the Terms and Conditions of Article Submissions. By submitting articles, article ideas, or contest entries, you acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Please familiarize yourself with the types of articles that are posted by Stuffer Shack. We’re looking for editorials that opine and challenge gamer and geek culture, material that provides gaming tips and reviews, and supplemental content that others can use for their games (downloadable monsters, encounters, adventures, etc.). We attempt to post one paid article per week.
- We also accept other types of articles that we do not pay for. Such articles include contest entries, guest posts, and smaller supplemental content posts. If, for example, you wanted to submit a write-up for a single NPC or monster, that would most likely be considered a guest post. However, if you wrote up several NPCs that one might meet in a specific encounter or setting, that could be something that we might pay for.
- Write up your article idea (or pitch) and email it to stuffershack [at] yahoo [dot] com, or you may use the contact form below.
- In the email subject line, please include the words “Article Submission.”
- You may include more than one article pitch in a single email, if you like.
- Your article pitch should be less than 200 words (around 100 words would probably do just fine). Please proofread it before sending it in.
- Instead of a pitch, you may send us an article in its entirety. We don’t recommend this, though, as we might not accept it for posting (and you will have done more work than was needed).
- Please do not send us any attachments, unless we ask for them.
- We may reject idea pitches for one or more reasons. The most common being that there are too many grammatical or structural errors, or that it simply didn’t really grab our attention. Don’t despair! We may offer ideas or ask for changes so that we can accept it.
- If your pitch is accepted, we’d like to read more. We’ll then ask for the article in its entirety (500-1500 words). If this final article delivers on the promise of your pitch, we’ll buy it. If it doesn’t read as expected, we may reject it or offer ideas for revisions.
- No plagiarism. Some small amount of material may be quoted as long as proper attribution is heeded.
Terms and Conditions
By authoring and submitting any material to Stuffer Shack, the author agrees to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Author states that he or she has clear ownership of the submitted Work, that it is original, and that it does not infringe upon any copyrighted material.
The author grants to Stuffer Shack exclusive first publication rights in the Work for a period of one month.
- In other words, the author states that the material has not already been published, is not currently being considered for publication anywhere else, and will not be published anywhere else for a period of one month after Stuffer Shack first publishes it. After that, authors are free to publish their material anywhere else in any capacity they wish.
- The author further grants a non-exclusive license for other non-profit uses of the Work.
- IN ALL USES of the author’s Work, Stuffer Shack will not sell or attempt to profit from direct use or distribution of the Work, without a separate contract.
- In other words, Stuffer Shack will publish (and may republish) material, either on the website or in other mediums, but we will not sell copies of your work without your direct permission. In such a case, we would have already made some sort of agreement.
- Author acknowledges that Stuffer Shack pays for that which it expressly “buys,” and not for work that it does not buy. Stuffer Shack is under no obligation to pay for article pitches or articles in their entirety; only articles that we specifically agree to buy. Stuffer Shack does not buy contest entries or guest posts.
- We pay authors based on what our patrons are pledging. Currently, we are paying $13.00 per article. Payment is made before the article is posted, and we pay through PayPal. Alternate means of payment may be made as long as buyer and seller are in agreement.