Want to win $5 worth of roleplaying game stuff from DriveThruRPG? It’s easy! All you have to do is write a one-paragraph plot-seed.
Stuffer Shack will soon be publishing its first product, Truly Terrifying Vampires. It’s an awesome guide for creating the types of vampires that have inspired terror over the last few thousand years (not the charismatic and cerebral Dracula types of today). The book is nearing completion, and we’d like to include a few plot-seeds from our readers. For your participation, you may earn a $5 gift certificate from DriveThruRPG, as well as credit in the book (which will be around 25 pages).
Okay, there are a few caveats…
- Your plot-seed needs to be one paragraph (around 4-6 sentences).
- It must be based around a vampire as the monster. The vampire can be undead, or alive.
- An undead vampire is a deranged monster, incapable of rationale thought. They do not create thralls of underlings to serve them. They kill animals or people to eat their flesh, drink their blood, and/or steal their soul. Others create plague, and still others are consumed with haunting loved ones. Sometimes they return to their grave, sometimes not. They are skittish, yet unpredictable and very powerful. Most hunt at night; though are not bound by it.
- Living vampires are otherwise normal people who have tasted blood or flesh, and gained power from it. They are not as deranged as undead vampires, but cannot give up the thirst. They can be any type of character (class), and are extremely hard to combat.
- Coming into contact with either type has the potential of inflicting disease, or a curse.
- NOT ALL ENTRIES WILL MAKE IT INTO THE BOOK. If yours does, you will earn $5 DriveThruRPG credit, as well as credit in the book.
- You may submit multiple plot-seeds for multiple chances to earn credit.
That’s it! Write up a paragraph for a plot that a GM can put into their game. Submit it here, and try as many times as you like. The book is coming out soon, so we’ll be accepting submissions for just one week (until Wednesday, June 14th). If you have any questions, just ask away in the comments below.
Thanks for the help!