Rodney Sloan has been writing adventures for the South African convention scene since 2009, for such systems as Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, 4th Edition and Pathfinder. He gained notoriety for creating Dr Frank and his flesh golum, Stein, who took an entire army of LARPers to put down. By day he enjoys rock star status as a teacher of English in several Japanese high schools. Profile Page / Article Portfolio
- I’m so not a power gamer. I’m a “dieing” gamer. My current character (a rogue duelist in Pathfinder) has been knocked out in every single session of the campaign. So much so in fact that he now gets a special Lazarus award of 50 exp for every session he falls in. Otherwise I love to tell a story, no matter what the game.
- Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play, the very first edition, is what I grew up on and love to play. Now I’m most excited about Mouse Guard the Role Playing Game.
- Fantasy, hands down.
- Star Wars
- Last Samurai
- The Lord of the Rings Movies
- Add to that: The Hunt For Gollum - check it on YouTube.
The coolest thing:
- A notebook and pencil.
What makes me smile:
- Japanese senior high school students.
What my three favorite things to do are:
- Spending time with my wife
The activities that make me lose track of time:
- The Internet
What makes me feel great about myself:
- My friends and my blog.
Who inspires me most:
- Those who know what they want and fight for their dreams.
If I could have one superpower:
- I’d fly. Reckon I could see more of Japan that way.
What I’m naturally good at:
- Telling stories.
If I had to teach something, what would I teach?
- I teach English in Japan, and it’s an amazing job.
What I probably shouldn’t share:
- I have a super-secret writing blog. Ssh! Don’t tell anyone.